Buses are weird things. They either:
1. Come while you've almost reached the bus stop, so you have to end up chasing after it,
2. Come while you've almost reached the bus stop, thus missing it by an inch,
3. Make you wait an eon for it, and then comes in twos or threes. Trust me, I've seen service 70 come in threes together. More than once. What? The more the merrier?
...
Or maybe it's just me.
Anyway, let me tell you more about my bad affinity with buses.
A few months back, when there was this IT fair in Suntec City, I went to buy my printer at last.
The Epson CX4700 is damn good ok!! Bought it at $198 at the fair when it's selling for like $248 now at Best Denki or something. It can scan, print and copy!! So much better than my previous lao-kok-kok printer which makes this grunting noise when it prints. *grumble grumble*
Oh ya where was I? Ok and being the cheapo me, of course I'd take the straight bus 70 home instead of taking a cab. Guess what! I waited 45 minutes for the bus to come! It doesn't end there though. The bus stop was so bloody crowded then, and by the time I nudged my way through the crowd dragging the printer along, the bus left. YES - THE BUS LEFT $#%&%!^^# Like WTFish!? Nevermind, the next one came 10 minutes later or something.
And today, history repeated itself. Only just minus the 3 kg printer. And minus 15 minutes because I waited only 40 minutes for the bus. You know how long's 40 minutes? 40 minutes you can sing 8 songs, go in 7 shops, doze off 6 times, go toilet 5 times, chat with ** 4 times, eat 3 meals, bathe 2 times, study 1 chapter of your notes, and attend 2/3 of a lecture!!
To hell with fireworks - all because of some traffic jam over at Suntec, I had to wait this long just for a 15 minutes ride home from the MRT station. What? Must be those swakoo drivers (SKD)... I can imagine:
SWD to self: Shiok ah, tomorrow's National Day. Don't have to work.
(continues driving on road)
(Fire starts working)
SKD: Wah!! (-Immediately brakes on the middle of the road-) Fireworks!! Swee ah!! (starts whistling the national anthem)
Driver for Bus 70: Oi! (-Horns incessantly-) Kin ah!! -_- Dumbass.
Ok, at least I wasn't in a bad mood just now. Or I would have strangled the bus driver when he came. And why was I in a good mood? Because I went shopping. Ha. =D