I'm not learning French, but to be one step closer to my Tai-Tai dreams, I should. French is so class and tai-tai-ish! Haha.
Today I shall give a short vocabulary lesson.
1. C'est la vie
This is one of the french phrases on my msn display name, btw. I came to know it when I found it in the lyrics of 'Be My Love' in the 'My Name is Kim Sam Soon' OST.
Pronounced as: "Seh-la-vee"
Meaning: That's life!
2. Laissez faire
This is the other french phrase on my msn display name, too. Was first thought to be an english phrase spelt 'Laser Fair' when said by Mr. Goh.
Pronounced as: "Laser fair"
Meaning: Let it be; leave alone
*The meaning is in French terms. In Economics term, it describes of a phenomenon where there is a perfect meet of demand and supply, and of a free market.
3. Mais Oui
This one is interesting! Came across it while doing research for some assignment. You'll know later why it is interesting, to me at least. =X
Pronounced as: "May Wee"
Meaning: But of course!
4. Passé
Learnt this from Ms. Ow i think. Very useful for describing antiquated people =D
Pronounced as: "Pass-say"
Meaning: Out of fashion/date