Do anyone of you here watch 'Girls Out Loud', every monday night at 10:30 p.m. on Channel 5? Anyways, great show, catch it if you can (Youtube). Bimbotic..well slightly, but it's really nice ok!
So, they were talking about Singaporean men and their way of proposals on episode 5. What's with Singaporean guys?! Most of them thought of proposing the HDB way - like: "Why don't we apply for a HDB flat together?" or "What do think of the new HDB that's developing at Sengkang" or some similar crap. Which, to them, equals to proposing. Like WHAAAAT? I think I'd take a piece of hotcake, slap that person with it, and say that he can go apply for the HDB with this hotcake. Even the hotcake syrup is sweeter than you, asswipe! Haha, ok I'm not a violent person by nature alright?
Yes, back to the HDB thing. ARGH. Some of the guys interviewed even thought this idea to be alright. You know what? Since their beloved HDB has brought them together, they should just stay at home all day scrubbing their HDB toilet floors. At this point, I'm sorry to the one reading this, who proposed this very way. No offence alright? =X
You know, at least if the guy said "let's employ a top architect to design our future mansion", he'd be spared the hotcake. Geesh, whatever. I'm not the one getting married anyway (oops.)
Sigh. I guess Singapore just lacks of resources. In Japan, the couple could scale Mt. Fuji, and when they reach the top, the girl finds a sweater with the words "Marry Me" sewn on it. Or maybe in Venice, the couple cruises along the river, finding fishes all tattooed with the proposing words. Gah.. who knows? The next time caucasians propose, they would say "Shall we apply for a HDB flat in Singapore??"