The Shopaholic // June 08, 2007 11:22 pm

Friday afternoon, a bonused early holiday, I set up an appointment with my therapist. My therapist didn't go, "Hi! How are you today?". Instead, my therapist waits patiently for my arrival. Ah! Who else, but the retail therapist.

It's like a depression epidemic sent waves around Singapore. Everyone was depressed, and everyone had to see the therapist. Because it is once again, the Great Sad Season.

I was hit extra hard by this epidemic. Emotional vacuums, and one intense week of nonsensical quizzes - I really needed that extra help. Liberation! Sweet liberation. 8 hours of non-stop skitting from shops to shops, my brain working furiously, calculating percentages, eyes darting from potential items to the next. Shopping honestly is a great hobby - 1. You exercise by walking so much, 2. You do loads of mental maths and 3. You shop till you forget to eat, and that's when you save the money and protect yourself from the Fat monster.

The shop owners think I'm sms-ing, when I'm actually pressing the numbers to calculate the final price of my wannabe sale trophy.

Me: "Dear Mr. Calculator, what's 30% of $58.00?"
Calculator: "Wow! You've found something that has a 30% discount??"
Me: "No, silly! It's 30% of what it would have cost 3 months ago. Which means.... a 70% DISCOUNT!!!!!!" *Muhahaha*

Gosh! I'm going dizzy. Ha! You can't blame me for being smug.

If anything's going to be the demise of my parents' bank account - I am.

And hey.. I think someone just stole $100 from my table... I can't seem.. to find it.. anymore. Oops.

People who spend more than $6 on food ought to be shot. (I had intended to write $5, but thinking that some Subway daily special meals cost $5.95, I had no choice but to change it to $6.)

"Oh~! Fate has brought us together! The stars are weeping, for all they ask is for me to have you bought.."

Um. Well there you have it - confessions of a seriously bimbotic and materialistic shopaholic.

 
 
 
free counter with statistics