Soup kitchen // August 01, 2007 8:22 pm

I suddenly thought of Neopets, remembering that 'Soup Kitchen' (or was it 'Fairy kitchen'? or 'Fairy soup'?) place where poor owners can give their pets free soup. Come to think of it, I always try to squander the Neopoints away first, just so that my pet can get free soup.

Moral of the story? 1. Free lunch does exist, and 2. It's unlikely for people to say 'no' to free lunch.

Well. Sad to say, the soup kitchen has closed down.

Really evil right? Not to be giving free soup. But if you look from the fairy's point of view, she's probably cursing those incorrigible pet owners on how they take her for granted. It's not like I ever wrote an email to soupkitchenfairy@neopets.com thanking her for the soup otherwise my pet would have died, or asked her if she needed any help in cooking the soup. Generally, I assumed that the fairy would always be there and the real deal is that she cooks, my pet eats. Easy peasy.

Now that the fairy's gone, my pet has starved to death. Farewell pet, you're on your own now in heaven.

 
 
 
free counter with statistics