Ennui! and the Taiwanese Lingo // September 10, 2007 1:12 am

Hello! I'm finally being useful again! I learnt a new word from Momo today, which is Ennui. Pronounced as 'Ahn-Wee' (from Dictionary.com, so to speak;), this French-like word is the exact bait for classy name suckers lovers like me!

So what does it mean?

Give you a clue, it describes perfectly the life I'm leading now.

"A feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom"

And please update yourselves, for I'm no longer a TV junkie! I'm now a full-fledged sleep monster!!! Sleeping is the best activity when one is broke and hates facing reality! I sleep erm let me count... 8? No... 10? No.. but about 13-14 hours a day! That's 10-11 hours of sleep at night, and further accummulated afternoon naps, shut-eyes, and uncontrollable dozing off, accounting to a grand total *kachink* 14 hours a day, I suppose. Envy me!! Muhahah~ =X

Geesh. I wonder why. Well, anyway. Enough of English lessons. After an intense chase of Taiwanese drama mamas i.e. 追偶像剧, some tips on 'How to sounds like a Taiwanese wannabe' !

1. Say '怎样' in the He Jun Xiang way:
Put tip of tongue right behind front teeth, with distinct Zzz sounds and completely no trace of the 'Zh' sound. Like 'Zzzzen yang', and not 'Zehn yang'. Ok la whatever if you don't understand my point :P

2. Singpore: 很好 Taiwan: 赞!

3. Singapore: 很坏/不好 Taiwan: 你很劣!差尽!

4. Singapore: 我先走了 Taiwan: 闪了。

Ok I can't think of anymore. Not now at least.. so .. 闪了!

 
 
 
free counter with statistics