Noone is as insane as me when it comes to working. I think I seriously am undisputedly #1 when it comes to being a workaholic...
Currently, I have 4 and a half jobs.
1. Dumex All in One promoter from fridays to sundays, 1-9 p.m.
2. Japanese tutor on saturdays and sundays, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
3. Flyer distributor on mondays to thursdays, OTOT
4. 'Freelance' web 'designer' (note the " ' " because this is not a professional job!) on mondays to sundays on reaching home
4.5 Scouting for other jobs and interviews when I have the time
Thoroughly worn out. 4 hours of sleep everyday. Which explains why I end up being a sick workaholic (previous post).
But nvm! Every job has its own fun and plus points ... of which $$$ is the most important la!
Dumex All in One Promoter
I have a script already when it comes to promoting this milk powder.
"Would you like to try the new Dumex All in One milk?" (proceed to next line if potential customer tries)
"How is it? Is it nice?" (proceed to next line if potential customer likes it)
"This is Dumex's new product, now with added fruits and vegetable extracts. therefore it has a unique fruity flavour to it. It has all the vitamins and minerals your child needs, so it is very nutritious as well." (proceed to next line if potential customer thinks about it)
"Would like to consider buying one tin to bring home and try? One tin is selling for $24.30 now." (proceed to next line if potential customer feels that it is too expensive)
"Actually it is about the same price as other milk, like Abbott or Wyeth.. also around this price. Not expensive la, good quality you know!"
Haha. Oh well, something like that.
Anyway, here's some interesting incidents that happened during work:
1. I ever lost the machine's dispenser valve once and almost end up crying during work
2. A woman was telling me that her son is lactose intolerant and can't drink milk. So she kept asking me what was lactose intolerance about, and I had to explain it to her, in chinese.
3. There are kids/mothers who call me 'Auntie'!! >_< I'll make sure I add in E.coli to their milk...
4. I started speaking Vietnamese when a Vietnamese mother came. She had an uber high pitched voice which sounded just a little bit... too cute.
5. Poor Mrs Wei Wei who came to help me with Mr Wei Wei got her finger cut by the machine and left blood dripping all over Ntuc's floor :S Sorry!!
6. One kid who was sitting on the trolley ended up bawling and wailing when his mom wouldn't buy the milk!!
But overall, this job is quite gratifying when you get to see all sorts of cute kids and toddlers .. and TPY Hub happens to have lots of good-looking kids as well!
Ok, on to my next job.
Japanese Tutor
I now currently give Japanese tuition to a sec 1 RI kid, who hates Japanese and hates the tuition as well. He didn't know he was suppose to have tuition until I reached his doorstep -.- . Apparently his father's pushing him to study... which makes my life a whole lot easier when he sucks at Japanese!! Hehe~
Anyway, this kid loves digressing during tuition. He'll talk about all kinds of science stuff, his primary school, his chinese chess and bla bla... anything just to get my attention away from teaching him. Haha! Really weird kid.
Flyer Distributor
Ok honestly speaking I don't know why a person with a Diploma is actually distributing flyers... but then again it's the only job that I can do OTOT! The pay's not bad too... earn $30 after around 4 hours !
But on the first day of work something terrible happened ... Saw a dead body with a pool of blood under his head at the HDB carparks ... Was so freaked out. Seriously.
Another thing that freaks me out is that when dogs suddenly start barking and scare the daylights out of me.
It's a seriously tough job!! And my calves no longer shake like jelly! HAHA!
Web Designer
Nothing much... just helping my father do up his company's website and some translation stuff!
Yup ... that's all from the confessions of a workholic!