犬と私の十の約束
Ten Promises To My Dog

I catched this Japanese show, 'Ten Promises To My Dog' (Inu to watashi no juu no yakusoku) recently, and made me run out of tissues. And I bet it caused major soldout of tissues in Japan. :(
The storyline's quite simple and innocent. It's about this girl who got a puppy from her neighbour just before her mother passed away due to cancer. Her mother when alive, asked her daughter Akari to make ten promises to the dog, Socks.
1. 私と気長につきあってください。
Please be patient with me.
2. 私を信じてください。それだけで私は幸せです。
Please trust me. That alone would give me happiness.
3. 私にも心があることを忘れないでください。
Please do not forget that I also have feelings.
4. 言うことを聞かないときは、理由があります。
When I don't listen to you, I have my reasons.
5. 私にたくさん話しかけてください。人の言葉は話せないけど、わかっています。
Please talk to me often. Although I do not speak your language, I do understand you.
6. 私をたたかないで。本気になったら私のほうが強いことを忘れないでください。
Please do not hit me. Please remember that if I were to push you, I would still be stronger.
7. 私を年を取っても、仲良くしてください。
Even if I grow old, please still get along with me.
8. あなたには学校もあるし友達もいます。でも、私にはあなたしかいません。
You have schools and friends. But as for me, I only have you.
9. 私は十年くらいしか生きられません。だから、できるだけ私と一緒にいてください。
I can only live for about ten years. Therefore please be together with me when you can.
10. 私が死ぬとき、お願いです。そばにいてください。そして、どうか覚えていてください。私がずっとあなたを愛していたことを。
When I die, I have a request. Please be by my side. And please remember that I had for always loved you.
And so the movie goes on about how Akari and Socks grew up together, and how Akari failed to keep the promises at times. However in the end when Socks passed away, Akari stayed by Socks side. Which unfortunately made me cry like a baby!!! :( :( :(
You have to go watch the most touching show of the year...
SOB! :(