Time for a Revolution // November 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Oh yay, finally got the urge to blog. But blogging isn't actually too healthy - most of the times I just sound like I'm talking to myself, minus the voice. Heck - changed my layout! It's the same as my desktop - Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto. The scene in Memoirs of a Geisha where little Chiyo ran to make prayers. Somehow the picture just depicts 'the light at the end of a road', which particularly drew me to it.


A new chapter is about to begin!

Life in Massey is tough, but I feel like I've finally grown up through these hard times. Many of the wild dreams I've made when I was young are starting to seem like it could actually come true!

At some point of time you must have had people asking you 'Why did you choose to study this course' etc. Actually, I got into Food Science because of only 1 reason - I wanted to work in Meiji in Japan. I think my friends in Secondary School would know how a Meiji fan I was - I friggin' bought over 10 of my own Birthday Bears! But somehow, I never really told that to anyone. Looking back, the stupidest thing to do is to find your dream stupid. Sometimes, you don't have to think to hard to make decisions - whatever decision you make, it'll ultimately bring you on the road you'll travel on.

Sorry for the nostalgia, but if I could, I'd create a new religion which runs on the philosophy of 'Live each day as though it's your last'. What's the emotion you hate to experience most? Jealousy? Hatred? Heartache? For me, I have a phobia of regrets. People who live the way they want are the most selfish, but also the only ones who have lived.

I'm starting to sound like a nun. But nevermind. Maybe it's just how people tend to reflect more as they get older. Ok, a little too old for someone who's twenty. Still, I'd like to remind people not to build their lives around an ideal society. Don't be someone who studies for the grades, learn what is taught. Don't be someone who plays an instrument for the skills, appreciate the music. And don't be someone who works for the money, work only to challenge yourself to greater heights. Those, I need to constantly remind myself as well. Bottomline - the society is screwed up.

Anyway, I picked up the violin again after 14 years. I'm glad I stopped learning it the previous time. I think I only knew how to play the instrument but not the music back then. When you tell someone you know how to play an instrument, the typical Singaporean will ask you what grade you are. Whatever for? I guess most people use just use the fact that they are Grade 8-ers to show-off. The first thing I did with my violin was to decide which exam pieces to choose. Then I asked myself - why do I need to take the exam for? I just need to play what I liked and it'll be enough already right? Besides, it's going to get boring playing the same few songs for the whole year :S See? I told you already. The society is screwed up. "There's no right or wrong - there's only the majority and minority".

You really think God gives those without looks brains and those with looks no brains? Nope. God gives brains to people with no luck in order for them to get out of the shit they're in, and that of course may include looks. After almost 21 years worth of a shit life, I think it's time.



 
 
 
free counter with statistics