Drama drama drama! // January 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Oh my, I wanted to reply zq and zw's comments like after my whole temp job thing but I guess I'll do it today since I reached home early (albeit at 11:26 p.m.)!


Though I should theoretically be feeling kinda sad or lonely, I'm not. I have loads of stuff to say man!! I think this will end up a draft and I'll continue tomorrow night instead.

Reply to Zheng Wen:

If not, we played board games and mahjong at each other's houses. I hope we didn't come across as materialistic and rich friends of yours to other people, and I don't think we deserve to be compared to SIA. In fact, I'd only insist that we're already budget airliners, and perhaps you chose to fly in another way.

I'm going to be honest and straightforward here. After the Taiwan trip, I already knew my 'shelf-life' in spas was about to expire soon. In the first place, I was ever only really closer to Wendy among the spas. Before the trip, Wendy was like telling me to join her in the trip cause she don't want to be the only girl with CY and Edwin and asking me not to ps her. Voila! Who would have known she and CY would end up together? And with CY and Edwin insisting on taking SQ there though any other cheap flights would have sufficed. For my 3 years of bloody troll hardwork in SP, they gave me $1000 and I spent 3/4 of it on the air ticket. And ya, back to Wendy and CY. Of course, I am truly happy for both of you (despite the massive initial shock haemorrhage), but if the tickets weren't booked and the trip wasn't confirmed, over my dead body would I have gone. Why am I always stuck with in a situation with like 1 couple + 1 guy whom I totally don't have anything in common? Edwin was like telling me to STFU every other minute or totally avoiding to sit next to me on the 'mrt'.

I hope you enjoyed our company. Its a pity that one could lose friends over money issues. Friends are invaluable. If I were you, I could have went all out just to fix myself a dose of friendship goodness. Without robbing the bank, of course.

It was definitely fun being with you guys, but all feasts must end. Or maybe I just ate alot faster than everyone else. Money issues, I would say only made a small contribution. Every time I hear you guys talking about taking the cab home/elsewhere, wincing when I mention I don't want to play mahjong with money, or "er-ing" the loudest when I say to eat at 'foodcourts' I kinda feel like I'm shortchanging you on your deserved 'enjoyments'.

Touch my heart, I don't like it that we look like the bad guys here, while the other friends of yours could go on and support you.

Which part of my previous post made you guys look like the bad guy? You yourself said 'lifestyle differences'. I wasn't even blaming anyone for anything.

Here we are, organising a gathering after another, only to get rejected by you most of the time. Despite all that, we never truly gave up asking you out. I wish you could touch your heart and ask yourself what have you done for spas. Couldn't you suggest to CY that, maybe, after you were done with your exams, we could have a belated birthday celebration? And maybe, since you would have more free time then - that you could take the initiative to ask everyone out?

Is that all a friend could do?

I did have the intention of asking everyone out after my exams. That's what I did with my Massey Classmates. Just that CY asked me first instead and then never replied after that misunderstanding other than that 'ok'.

But even then - we have been so easy-going. Or at least myself. Others that weren't, were at least tolerant. We are very human. You can't blame us when we stopped asking you out - that you friends are disappearing like pandas.

Since when did I blame you guys for not asking me out for anything? Don't put words into my mouth. I've already told you guys I can only try to make it for birthday celebrations, and I'm perfectly fine with the arrangement that you only inform me for such events. Why are you making it sound like you guys are 'tolerating' my absence when you guys aren't?

This is a bad analogy because im getting cranky. But the point is - when you start to get so busy that you don't have time for us, didn't it occur to you that you should have provided us with the very few dates that you were actually free, instead of blaming us that we stopped asking? Where is the justice in that?

For the birthday thing, I did tell CY I'd only be available after the 20th. And FYI, there isn't a single day I'm available. When I know in advance that there is some gathering I will arrange all my work (school + every of my part time job) such that I will be available on that day okay? There's never a day when I can actually do nothing at all. Again, why do you keep saying I'm blaming you guys for not asking me anything? Did I ever send anyone of you a msg saying "Hey why didn't you call me out for XXX on XXX??" I seriously don't remember that. I know you people know I'm busy, and I also know you guys know I'm going to be rejecting you for outings if it's just watching a movie or dinner etc. So why would I be getting any angry if I'm not asked to anything? It's just too bad that I can't go and I accept that!

I hope you didn't type the last paragraph (the one in English) in a fit of anger. I hope that, that will not be the way that we will be remembered. For a start, I still wear that shirt i wore that day to the zoo, and I still use that bag. I feel insulted to be branded as lavish. I work on weekends too.

No I wasn't angry when I typed that. Ok, maybe I shouldn't have used the word lavish. For a start, you and perfect Mum are certainly more thrifty than anyone else I've met.

We spend like $10 on average of most outings?

That is probably not true.

"I guess since our paths differed after Sec 4, I chose to sit on the loose thread would ultimately run off the fabric - we simply couldn't catch up with one another.

Yes, well said. Many of the outings I couldn't really find things to talk to you guys anymore. You guys met up so often that you guys always end up talking about your other outings. Of course, that's my fault to begin with. So all the more I shouldn't really be existing there.

I know you guys belong to budget airliners, but even then I could never afford to fly. $100 a month is barely enough for me to survive. I don't hate being poor, but I do hate not being able to go out and enjoy with my friends because of that.

Actually, I was saving up for my Japan trip which every single cent is from my pocket. Air tickets, winter clothing, practically everything. (Yes Jin I am blatantly admitting I went to Japan lol! It was just way too obvious, the things I was typing in Japanese.) If I didn't have to save up, I probably wouldn't have sunken into the world of the poor since I was earning quite a fair bit from work, and could probably afford to pay you and CH the money back immediately and not created this mess.

And if you say I'm the lavish one going to Japan and all, then you really don't know me well. If there's something I need to do before I die, it's this trip. I repeat again, every single cent used for the trip - I earned it. Ok except that my Mum sponsored the backpack. I didn't go Japan because I had money to spare - I could only go after working like a troll.

That would sound better. Your version sounds unlikely of spas. The lavish word really gets to me. It is igniting my nerves. Do the spas you know of not appreciate hard earned money as well?

Sorry, maybe I'm just mistaking you all for Mouse. And I can already hear him saying "STFU!" after reading this.

Honestly, forget the whole lavish thing if it so pisses you off. The bottomline is, I don't think I belong in the same world with you guys. I'm not even angry with you guys or anything, honest. I have my own dreams to pursue in my own world. Anyway, there was one blog post which I did say this year's birthday would be the best and the last (was in Japanese). I'd be gone before you know it by my next birthday. Sorry that it had to turn out this way (why am I even apologising when it was my birthday?!), but in any case the parting is just 1 year early.

Ok, next Wendy's comment:

Hi may, actually, I still follow your blog. Haha, seems like its the only way to keep updated on your whereabouts! not sure if you still checked mine though.

Hoho o that's nice though I rarely updated anyway. Yes I do still read everyone's blog once every month on an adhoc blog-reading day, including yours. And just a word of caution, you never know when your potential employer's reading your blog.

Hmm I do want to thank you for making the effort to come down to some of the celebrations, and outings. Pardon me if I remember incorrectly, and also my pettiness, but I think during my birthday celebration, you weren't able to attend cos u were attending another friend's birthday. To be honest, I was hurt. I thought after being friends for so long and even best of which for regretfully only a few years, you might turn up.

Depth of a friendship isn't judged by the number of years known of each other. And yup I was indeed at my classmate's birthday party instead now that you remind me. Why? If I'm not wrong you guys changed from Saturday to Sunday instead for the celebration, and it is only fair that I go to the one which I promised first.

And you shouldn't really be expecting much from me because when pz tried to invite you to her bday party through all channels possible i.e. facebook, mail, msn you totally ignored her. You could have at least declined. Certainly you knew pz longer than you knew the Spas people huh? If you're going to refute this, refute it at her blog instead. You do owe her some sort of explanation.

Maybe, that felt like how you felt when you thought only xy rmb your bday. I think, maybe 100x. I know how petty I sound over such a small issue, the rest may think. It wouldnt have suck so much if it wasnt that you were busy at another friend's bday.

Actually, when I commented that only XY remembered my bday, I wasn't sad at all. It was actually like meant to be a sarcastic meaningless statement, period. Every year, only you and XY would sms me. Yingxia never did once wished me happy birthday for the past like what? 3 years? Neither was I expecting any of you to remember, because I know people do forget birthdays. I do too, very often in fact. And I'm not some birthday-wishes grubber. I appreciate people who give wishes, very nice of you thank you, but if you don't - seriously it doesn't matter.

Yes thanks Wendy for trying to see from my point of view, I appreciate it. But like what I replied to ZW, we're already of different worlds if you haven't realised. Not that your world is weird or different, I chose to create my own world to live in which not just spas, but probably nobody else could really find the entrance to.

It's better that I reply to your blog entry instead of your comments, and you'll know what I mean (I hope).

To some people, I guess, friends are not everything.
To them, its the fame, the fortune, the status.
To them, its themselves.
And what they want. More money maybe? More shoes, more clothes, things that having friends can’t buy.
Then again, there are many things money can’t buy.
When you’ve finally lost them, you will realise what you have been missing all along.
What is your priority in life?
`
Well maybe they really can live without friends. And if that is the case, I fear for their existing friends. Don’t they realise how dispensible they will be?
When you’re finally of no use to them, you will be discarded.
Ouch, is it not.
And so you think they’re there to support you forever.
Well then, time to open your eyes to see who are really those true friends.

I can only say that my priority in life is neither friends, fame, fortune and status, but rather achieving the things which I need to do before I die. I guess that'd categorise under the "themselves" you spoke of. Of course I'm not dying soon or anything, (but then again, who can assure?), but my religion is to live each day as though the last.

And unfortunately, to do most of the things on my 'list', money is needed. I know people might think I'm some 见钱眼开 money-addict, but I'm more determined to get the things I need to get done than really stocking up on money in my bank. If I'm perfectly happy with my life I wouldn't care less for money. Anyway, I've kicked my shopping addict. I hope O_O.

I've been a loner since birth and will always be. Much as it seems like I do have some friends here and there, how many are actually even close to me? We can laugh and joke about superficial stuff and have fun, but at the end of the day, it's just van der waals forces and not a covalent bond. Of course, I was the one who chose to keep a distance from people. Every time I meet a new person, I'd be opening doors but laying the brick walls, if you know what I mean. Anyone who knows me would agree. To everyone: "Are you close friends with me?" Most probably not.

So yes, I am the type who can live without friends. 99% of people probably can't fathom why, but that's just the way it is. It sure is boring, but I won't like die from it or anything. And please don't say I 'dispense' my friends when they're of no use. In the first place, it doesn't mean that people who can live without friends will be having some ulterior motive when they make friends. At some point of time in life, there will definitely be a loss of contact due to one reason or another. That isn't exactly 'discarding' of friends is it? Lol I do have a tendency to move on quickly though - friends come friends go! That's life! If one day they come back, by all means!

As for your last two sentences:

And so you think they’re there to support you forever.
Well then, time to open your eyes to see who are really those true friends.

Please refer to the Pz-birthday thingy which I already said. If you really did ignore PZ on purpose, then honestly, you really do sound like the one discarding your friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the above were typed like one week ago, sitting in my drafts even before Jin's comment and email came. Jin, my turn to say, "you have summarised so succintly I am in awe. Too bad there isn't a like button for your comment" (Huang, 2009).

Yes yes sorry for the delayed reply! It's just too tiring to blog and imagine people's reactions and the same time. Shoot me back, by all means, but I won't guarantee a reply. I believe in my own actions and my point of view, whether socially right or wrong. That's all I have to say. I don't regret any of these happening - given another choice, it would have turned out exactly the same.

And Jin, don't worry, I will never forget the days of ORC too. It's scary to think about how 3 of us have undergone unrecognisable changes, in our own ways. Maybe one day we'll meet each other again, and pick up from where we left during our secondary school days. だよね?




 
 
 
free counter with statistics