Almost back to school! // March 02, 2010 11:11 pm

This will finally be the last 'back to school'. Yup, last one. Last last one of my entire education life (research not counted, which anyway, is still a KIV).


'Industrial' placement has been fun, despite all the crazy thinking, speed reading of journal articles, washing of 100+ test tubes in a day (not everyday), and last-minute chionging of project updates before meetings. At least I got to eat cheap school food everyday *snort*, the blessings of the air conditioner in this horrendously hot February/March season, the whinings in front of KG (yes, I get to whine in front of my supervisor, how privileged is that?! :D ), and my lunch kakis cum performance audience Woozy and Woonying.

Most people debate over whether to choose their project based on the project type or the supervisor. I'll always opt for the supervisor, and after this attachment I believe even more so. A good supervisor will make whatever you are doing interesting, and a bad one will make whatever interesting project boring. At the end of the day, no matter how interesting one project is/was, you are bound to lose steam halfway through with all the stresses piling up on you. This is time when you need a really good supervisor to pull you through! A Paganini! And yes, I can say all these stuff because I've been through it. Just trust me, May's got the Way!

Just a side note, I realised that people shouldn't get mad when they find out other's have been badmouthing him/her. In fact, it's quite a victory because you know they are the petty ones who started it first! (provided you haven't been doing the same). Ha!

Oh well, 3 modules and a project and it's goodbye to Uni life! I'm not a big fan of group work (in fact I seriously hate them) but I doubt there's any room to escape. I think I've worked with all sorts of group members before - organised, smart, fast, dreamers, lazy, last minute, "everything-I-don't-know-i.e.-you-do", grammar disasters bla bla... nothing will be a shock but I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best :S

A new life will begin on 1st September ...


3 Comments

Blogger CJ: "wa lau..so fast..and i haven't even begin my uni life =("

Blogger Serratia: "Hahaha wow CJ! Are you still in Aussie? Have you applied for anything yet??"

Anonymous Anonymous: "WAZZZZUUPPPP?! true true.. people shouldn't get mad when they find out that others have been badmouthing him/her. but sometimes anger is the first emotion that gets out uncontrollably. but anyway, we can never escape from such reality. its life. we can't please anybody. :D"

 
 
 
free counter with statistics